Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Interesting people, part 2 (Peter Singer)

Peter Singer is the Ira W De Camp Professor of Bioethics, University Center for Human Values, Princeton University (part-time) and Laureate Professor, University of Melbourne, Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics (part time).

He wrote the book Animal Liberation which set the animal rights movement in motion.

Peter Singer has also written on various other issues to do with life and death, and animal ethics etc from an interesting perspective. Cats and humans may not necessarily agree with everything he writes about (or says), but he is provocative which is not a bad thing. It makes us think about issues and to have an open mind.


Professor Peter Singer

You can read more about Peter Singer from his homepage and from Pablo Stafforini's Utilitarian Philosophers series: Peter Singer.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was another warm day. I refused to eat potatoes for breakfast (even if they sorta taste like chicken, well I guess they would having absorbed all the chicken stock). So I had a tiny piece of ham instead.

I spent most of the day napping on the couch listening to ABC Classic FM. More diced potatoes for dinner (the bits of chicken are a bit too dispersed). Ho hum. I hope tomorrow is Wednesday as my butcher will be open. I hope I get some tinned fancy feast tuna for breakfast in the morning!

keisercat@wildmail.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home