Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Happy New Year (Year of the Rooster)

Today is the first day of the Year of the Rooster. I think it is a good year for us cats, especially if we call it the Year of the Chicken!

The Chinese zodiac (year) was introduced in 2637 BC by the Emperor Huang Ti. One legend is that Lord Buddha invited all of the animals of the kingdom to come to him before he departed from Earth, but only 12 came to bid him farewell. Lord Buddha honoured them each with a year in the order that they arrived. The rat first and and the pig last.

We cats were not so honoured with our own year, as we were too busy being worshipped in Egypt.

To celebrate the new year nevertheless, all cats should have fresh chicken for dinner.

*********************************

Today was a very pleasant day, not too hot and not too cold. Unfortunately, I did not get a roast chicken, or KFC (which I know is too greasey for me, but tastes so yummy). I did get fresh chicken wings (which is usual for dinner Wednesday to Monday).

If you enjoyed reading this, let me know. You can email me at keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home