Tuesday, December 27, 2005

sea faring paws... yacht races

I forgot to mention yesterday that it was also Boxing Day.

The biggest thing that happens on Boxing Day every year in Australia is the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race. It is a really cool yacht race, but some years, the weather is treacherous.

The Sydney to Hobart, however, is small fry compared to the Volvo Ocean Race (which used to be the Whitbread Round the World Race). This race is only held every four years and my human told me he has caught it on TV twice now, the first time when he became hooked was when it was still the Whitbread. Unfortunately, this time, the broadcast is only on the National Geographic channel but we don't have pay (cable or satellite) TV. Dang!

Anyway, the yachts will be stopping over and docking in Melbourne after the Indian Ocean leg. Woohoo! If you live in Melbourne and are around from mid January to mid February 2006, check them out!

I think it would be cool to be on a yacht. Imagine all that fresh fish! There have been some famous cats who have travelled on ships, about whom I have written - see my earliest blog entries.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was a very quiet day, and my human stayed home with me ALL day. Woohoo! We watched the movie, Mozart and the Whale. Mind you, my human stopped it halfway and we watched TV, an interesting documentary called Diverted to Delhi about the outsourcing of call centres. Then we both fell asleep! Woohoo! When I woke up, I went out to my deck for a nap, but my human woke up, he kept on watching the rest of Mozart and the Whale without me. How rude!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home