Wednesday, October 05, 2005

World Teachers' Day

Today was World Teachers' Day. It provides the opportunity to draw public attention to the role of teachers worldwide and their importance in society.

Aside from one's own parents (if you are a human), teachers are the biggest influence on the developing minds of young people. Their importance should not be understated.

World Teachers' Day

We should lobby to have World Cat Day recognised as well. Our importance should neither be understated.

*My friend Madeline is right. I am very excited about our latest (Australian) Nobel Laureates, Dr Marshall and Dr Warren "for their discovery of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori and its role in gastritis and peptic ulcer disease". (If I had to pick a 'favourite' bacterium, it would have to be Campylobacter as it is quite rare here as we have strict food handling regulations for food providers. My human is also very fussy about food handling at home as well).

**As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I finally got chicken wings which are a better size. They weren't the organic free range ones (must be all the fresh air and wing flapping that makes the bones harder for me to crunch), but the grain fed ones. I ate one in one go!

I also spent some time outside (but not outdoors) tonight checking out what insects have emerged with spring. I can't wait for the Bogong moths to turn up (more about that later).

Tonight, I didn't catch all of Food Lovers' Guide to Australia as I was outside for some of it, but my human told me there was an item on Molokheya which is a leafy vegetable/herb from Egypt.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home