Sunday, October 02, 2005

It's all about food! FOOD!

Two of my favourite activities are sleeping and eating. I could write about 29 ways of napping, but I will leave that to another time. Remind me.

Eating, now that is one hot topic.

The New York Times, and the Los Angeles Times recently wrote about the dining scene in Sydney. Deservedly so too. My human reckons the restaurants in Sydney make it worth visiting just for that alone.

You can read the writes ups in those papers here:
Sydney's Chefs Settle Down but Still Shine from New York Times.
Oz at the head of the table from Los Angeles Times

My human told me that there are more Thai restaurants in Sydney than any other cuisine, or it seems that way. Speaking of Thai food, my human told me he went to a Thai restaurant in New York (in The Village) once and it was the most appalling pretend Thai food he had ever eaten. He said that the food had been modified to appeal to whatever New Yorker palate that it did not even resemble any regional variation of Thai food. My human should know, he has eaten Thai food in Thailand many many times.

While I am on the topic of food, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, more commonly known as PeTA claims that us cats can be fed a vegetarian diet. What a crock! Just look at my teeth - they are nothing like a herbivore's grinders! PeTA claims that:
Animals in the wild commonly eat quite a lot of vegetable matter. Besides, to feed them the meat they would naturally eat, you would have to serve them whole mice or allow them to hunt for themselves, an option that is unfair to native species of birds and other small animals, since companion cats and dogs have been removed from the food chain and have advantages that free-roaming animals lack.

If any cat's human is stupid enough to buy that really lame argument, if I were you (meow), I would find a new home and adopt a more sensible human. I love my meat. It has taurine in it. I do not require supplements.

You can read more of this propogandist b*llsh*t here - Meatless Meals for Cats and Dogs.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

My other human left early this morning, so my house is back to normal. It was great having two humans again for a few days.

It was a warmer day today. It was 23 degrees Celsius, so my human did his chores and opened all the windows for some fresh air. We also watched the rest of Timeline. The film gave a good example of the dangers of living during the One Hundred Years War.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home