Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Battle of Gaugamela

Around 1 October back in 331 BC, Alexander the Great finally defeated Persian King Darius III at the Battle of Gaugamela, which was the beginning of Alexander's great empire.

Alexander's bloody war against the Persians lasted nearly three years.

You can read more about this battle here (Eyewitness to History).

Why would a cat like me be interested in such history? Well, because Alexander the Great was a brilliant strategist and he knew how to hold an empire together.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I had such a good day today. Firstly, I was able to go outside and check out the backyard while the washing was being hung out.

I also had a wonderful nap with my human in the afternoon. Then we started watching Timeline. We've seen it before, but my human likes all manner of movies with a time travel theme. In fact, when the original Michael Crichton book came out, my human found that there were temporal inconsistencies in the author's logic. But it was a good story, and so was the film.

Later, Nell and Declan came for dinner and they had medium rare roast lamb with roast potatoes, roast sweet potatoes and roast pumpkin; along with baked corn on the cob; and blanched broccolini. I was not allowed to have any of the lamb. I am most displeased, but I had a great time lying on Nell and Declan's laps.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home