Friday, September 30, 2005

BEWARE Кошатник

I hope all my kitty friends are wary of Кошатник. That's right, Кошатник, is a Человек, промышляющий ловлей кошек.

If you can't read Russian Cyrillic script, Koshatnik is the Russian word for a dealer in stolen cats.

Makes you wonder that if they have a special word for 'a dealer in stolen cats', how common this catnapping and cat-slavery is in Russia!

You can learn about this word, and plenty of others in a new book called The Meaning of Tingo. Sorry folks in America, it is not released there until January 2006 (but it is just out in the UK, and end of this October in Australia - woohoo, I hope my human buys me a copy).

You can also read an extract in
Weird and wonderful vocabulary from around the world from the UK Independent newspaper.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Thank goodness it's Friday! I had another afternoon nap with my other human today, who came home in the afternoon. What a good habit!

I am looking forward to lots of lap time this weekend.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home