Friday, February 25, 2005

Utilitarianism and happiness

I like sharing interesting stuff that I read.

Here is another interesting article from Prospect magazine which is British.

Happiness is back.

The US Declaration of Independence states "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Two points:

1. At that time, slaves had no rights and were not considered to be equal.
2. What is "pursuit of Happiness" supposed to mean?

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was another scorcher. I managed to get some ham in the morning.

Merlin's human Kim came over tonight. They had baked lamb leg (cut into pieces which had been marinaded in honey and soy), baked corn cob (in foil), and steamed carrots and asparagus. And a fair amount of vodka! I sat on Kim's lap for a little while, and then my human's. I also kept an eye on a cricket and a moth outside which were attracted to the light.

I did, however, have lamb for dinner (but it was not marinaded). All is forgiven.

It's late, I am going to sleep now.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home