Thursday, February 24, 2005

Is the United States a Christian country?

I read a lot for a cat. Napping all day and night can be boring, so I think a lot, and read lots of interesting things. I even have good discussions with my human. Sometimes he is a bit deaf though and completely off the topic. For example (when he gets home from work):
Keiser: (meow meow miao) Do you realise that petroleum is a very inefficient source of energy?
Human: Really? What did you do today?
Keiser: (miao meow meow miao) I was listening to a very interesting story on the radio about renewable energy sources.
Human: Okay, okay. I'll feed you in a second.

I am sure many cats will be able to relate to this.

I recently came across an interesting article in The Nation, a magazine that has been around since 1865.

The article is about God and the United States by Brooke Allen, Our Godless Constitution. It is worth a read.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was another warm day. I have retrained my human. He knows I only eat a small nibble in the morning (that is why I only have half a tin of processed cat food for breakfast, between 20 to 40 grams). I leave room for my real breakfast when he makes his lunch. This morning he gave me some leftover cooked ocean trout for breakfast. The yummiest part was the skin, so nice and chewy.

Tonight he cooked lamb (which he sliced thinly and stir fried with gai laan, bok choy and asparagus, with some soy sauce, black beans [whole and as a sauce], shiaoxing rice wine, and served with steamed rice). He did not give me any lamb. He knows it is my favourite. I will have to think of a way to punish him. Yes, I will eat my chicken wing very slowly and drag it all over the floor...

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home