Tuesday, January 16, 2007

a cat stationmaster named Tama

I've previously written about some cats who have an occupation, like the office cat, fashion cats etc.

A 7-year-old cat called Tama has been named a special stationmaster at the Kishi Station on the Kishigawa Line in Kinokawa in Japan.



Two other cats were employed as deputy stationmasters at the same station. Stationmaster Tama wearing a railway cap, along with the two deputies, welcome passengers at the station.

See - Mainichi Daily News (Japan), 14 January 2007

Unfortunately, the cats are not paid, but given food as reward for their work. I think they should take industrial action for better pay and conditions.

*Don't forget to check out Shamus for The Ongoing Barks of a Well Read Dog (who is continuing Cammie's legacy)

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

Another hot day today. My human was surprised I ate so much for breakfast this morning. Duh! That's because he wasn't giving me the right food.

Tonight I'm just going to lie on the floor by my human's feet. Just like a d-o-g.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home