Monday, January 08, 2007

Passing of the noodle king

The person who is the saviour of poverty stricken students and people worldwide, Mr Momofuku Ando, who invented (modern) instant noodles died on 5 January 2007, aged 96.



He introduced instant (Ramen) noodles to Japan and the world in 1958, and the cup noodle (just add boiling water) in 1971.

See
- Sydney Morning Herald
- BusinessWeek
- The Japan Times

My human told me that in his final undergraduate year at college/university (as with many students worldwide), he subsisted primarily on instant noodles.

Of course, he still occasionally has noodles in soup for dinner (if he is being lazy), but now he cooks the dried udon, ramen or somen noodles in home cooked chicken stock, with leaf vegetables and meat.

*for The Ongoing Barks of a Well Read Dog, check out Shamus (who is continuing Cammie's legacy)

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

My human left me today, insisting that he had to go to work.

Anyway, when he came home, Sue B was with him and she stayed for an hour for a drink and some snacks. I wanted to sit on her lap, but changed my mind. Anyway, I didn't really feel like visitors today.

Tonight, we watched Smallville in which Clark Kent loses someone he loves (who dies). It was really sad.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home