Sunday, July 30, 2006

National Tree Day

Today was National Tree Day (not to be confused with Arbor Day which is also observed separately), in association with Planet Ark, Toyota, and the AMP Foundation.

People plant native trees and shrubs to 're-green' Australia.

Sadly, my human didn't do his part, although he did notice the 'tree packs' at the local Coles supermarket.

It is never too late. I think I will have to remind him.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

I didn't get an afternoon nap with my human on the couch today either. After my breakfast, he decided that he would go into town (something about exchanging a gift). When my human returned, he also had a gift for me! Woohoo! It is an offical Brisbane Lions bear in his football uniform.



Instead of having a nap with me or sitting down on the couch so that I could sleep on his lap, my human decided to do more chores like mopping the floor and cleaning the bathroom. Hmmppphhh! What are weekends for?

After he finished, he spent some time in the kitchen. Then Devi arrived, and soon after, Fiona. They came over for a dinner of medium rare roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and home-made gravy (not out of a packet), roast vegetables (potato, pumpkin and beetroot) and blanched beans.

Although I was fed earlier (the usual chicken), I demanded roast beef, which I then ate heartily. My human does worry when he pats me and feels my rib bones. If I wanted to eat a horse, I'm sure he'd give me one...

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A horse is a horse of course of course...

unless it is a course a dinner course...

ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Monday, 31 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home