Saturday, May 27, 2006

reforming the UN

British Prime Minister Tony Blair gave a speech at Georgetown University (in Washington DC) on 26 May 2006 calling for reform of the United Nations.

Link - watch or read PM Blair's speech

Perhaps Mr Blair forgot that other people have been calling for UN reform for years. Even Australia's former Foreign Minister Gareth Evans (when he was in contention for the UN Secretary-General's job to succeed Boutros Boutros-Ghali) made a big deal about UN reform.

It's all talk.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I was napping on my dining chair this morning, after breakfast and cuddles and did not hear my human go outside to hang out the washing. Consequently, my time outside was limited to a few minutes. He should have invited me out before he started hanging out the clothes. How inconsiderate!

I had some lap time, before he went to the shops for supplies in the early afternoon, and when he returned he didn't stay very long and went out, so I continued my catnap.

He returned around my dinner time with Devi, who was amused by the new doorbell. He told me he went to visit her to check out her garden makeover. How rude, I was deprived of the regular afternoon nap together with my human.

Anyway, Devi stayed for dinner of Hokkien noodles with duck and bok choy. She even let me sit on her lap before dinner. Woohoo!

Tonight we are watching the delayed telecast of the football game between Essendon and Port Adelaide. The Bombers are well and truly on the way to getting the wooden spoon this season.


Kevin Sheedy, coach of Essendon Bombers - will somebody please suggest to him that retiring is an option

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home