Saturday, May 20, 2006

the bee's knee

Some people use the phrase "the bee's knees " to mean the height of excellence.

What is so good about the knees of bees?

Do bees have knees anyway?

Well, I had to look it up. My human raised this with me as he had asked at his office and nobody knew where the phrase came from.

The phrase was made up in the 1920s in the US when it was popular to make up silly and nonsensical phrases like "the snake's hip", or "the eel's ankel" etc to mean excellent. Why couldn't they just say excellent in the first place?!

Well, bees sort of have a knee, where the pollen baskets are located - alluding to concentrated goodness.


Next time someone mentions "the bee's knees" show them a picture

I think "the cat's cuddle" is a more apt phrase to use to mean excellent.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Emily and my human were in and out nearly all day, bringing back food, newspapers, videos etc.

I still had lots of lap time.

In the evening, Susan came over to visit me so I laid on her lap. Then the humans had tomato and basil bruscetta, then a pumpkin, asparagus and chicken risotto (with gorgonzola cheese). My human and Susan left as they went to the theatre to see William Yang's Shadows who is a photographer talking about his experiences along with his photos. My human later told me it was really interesting and enjoyable.

In the meantime, I started watching Thumbsucker with Emily. I like cuddling up to Emily.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home