Thursday, May 18, 2006

on Dracula and other vampires

Bram Stoker's Dracula was published 109 years ago in 1897. Contrary to popular belief, it was not the first novel about a vampire, just the most popular.

The first story about a vampire was actually published in 1819 called The Vampyre and written by John William Polidori (not Lord Byron).

Since then, vampires have been a popular theme in literature, TV and films. There have even been musicals.

My human has a decent collection of vampire-themed books and DVDs (films and TV series).


Buffy the Vampire Slayer, one of the best TV series

I'm thankful that he sleeps at night and goes to work during the day. If it was the other way around, I would be worried. And besides, vampires' laps are not warm at all, they'd be more interested in blood than having cuddles with cats or dogs.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

My human went back to work today so I was home alone today. Dang!

I have made up for it with lots of lap time tonight. We watched a really exciting episode of Smallville tonight where Clark Kent and Lionel Luthor swapped bodies. Can you imagine an evil villain like Lionel Luthor having all those super powers?

I had cooked chicken for dinner again. I wasn't interested in the beef vindaloo the humans were having.

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger batik billy said...

Buffy may be one of the best TV series, but Firefly was much more up my alley. Shame is was cancelled after only 1 series. Did you like it Keiser?

Friday, 19 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home