Wednesday, May 24, 2006

the Brooklyn Bridge and Mount Everest

My friend Jeter Harris who is a very sweet kitty from New York suggested that I write about the Brooklyn Bridge (as it is the Bridge's birthday today), so I shall. You should check out Jeter's Catster diary. He writes phonetically and is fixated on vindaloo, but in a nice way. I like his "vindaloo... skip to my loo" hee hee hee...

Okay, the Brooklyn Bridge was opened for use on 24 May 1883 and still remains a prominent New York landmark. It is one of the most filmed bridges on TV and film.


Still spectacular after all these years

My human had hoped to cross the Brooklyn Bridge entering New York from the New Jersey Turnpike one time, but it was actually not on the route.

Now about Mount Everest. There was a mass climb to the summit of Mount Everest just recently. A British climber, David Sharp was left to die while over 40 people climbed past.

You'd think they had enough compassion to try and do what they could for Mr Sharp. Their higher priority was to reach the summit. I think it would be better to be remembered for trying to help a dying man, and possibly save his life than to be remembered for reaching the summit.

Sir Edmund Hilary was not impressed. Neither am I.

See - New Zealand Herald


Life is cheap on the way to the world's highest mountain

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

My human came back from work with Sue B, and fresh smaller raw chicken wings for me. After I had my wing for dinner I wanted to sit on her lap, but she wouldn't let me. So I sat on my own chair. Then Elizabeth (from Melbourne) arrived bearing gifts including a very special wine. She liked the new doorbell - which plays the Lions football club song when pressed (even if her own team is Geelong).

They had a drink and then went out for a special Peking duck dinner. Hmmphhh...

Emily came home late. She went to practice her golf swings with Saber's human Lyn. Then my human came home and Sue B and Elizabeth popped their head in the door. There was not a catty bag for me with duck. Another Hmmphhh...

keisercat@wildmail.com

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My humans regularly walk across the Brooklyn Bridge's precursor--The John A. Roebling Suspension Bridge, which spans the Ohio River.

You can see it at: http://www.cincinnati-transit.net/suspension.html

Thursday, 25 May, 2006  
Blogger Keiser said...

Hey Nick,

That is a nice looking bridge.

Didn't Olivia N-J sing about the banks of the O-HI-O?

The new condo being built nearby looks beaut too.

Thursday, 25 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home