Saturday, April 22, 2006

floccinaucinihilipilification

My human told me that when he was in elementary/primary school, the teacher made a big deal about the "longest" word in the English language.

At the time, it was antidisestablishmentarianism. The word is also fairly easy to pronounce as it is made up of parts of words that everybody knows how to say, all joined up. It has 28 letters.

Try saying floccinaucinihilipilification.

As floccinaucinihilipilification has 29 letters, and has only surpassed antidisestablishmentarianism as the longest word, it is obvious that the word was made up, probably as a joke, to be a new "longest" word in the English language.

If you really really want to know that the word means, check out Wordwatch. See also Wierd Words.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is only a pretend word.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I had a good day today, although it was cold. Today was mostly a couch day, although I did spend some time on my dining chair catching sunrays. In the afternoon, I had a nice nap on the couch together with my human, mind you, it was my idea to guide him to the other couch where he could stretch out.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home