Friday, April 21, 2006

a distinguished dignitary undignified

Protocol is really important in global diplomacy. You'd think that would be the case when the two most powerful world leaders meet each other.

Little details can set the tone and mood for such meetings.

The Washington Post write up by Dana Milbank sums it up pretty well, see 'China and Its President Greeted by a Host of Indignities' (of 21 April 2006).

Other media have dubbed it 'Bush Blunder'.

No wonder there was no major announcement on anything.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Ah, Friday. I can always tell, as my human gets home from work in a different mood. After I ate all my chicken wing for dinner, I hopped up to my human's lap (on the couch) and we had a nap together for about an hour.

We're going to watch Swordfish now.

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Keiser said...

announcing the Republic of China's national anthem was a major gaffe. perhaps they they should have followed it up with the Taiwanese anthem!

Saturday, 22 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home