Sunday, April 16, 2006

looking for intelligent alien life forms

For years, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) project has been listening for signs of evidence of intelligent extraterrestrial life out in the universe.

Finally, SETI will now be looking for evidence of light transmissions (whereas they previously focussed on listening for radio transmissions).

You can read more about the optical telescope here
- BBC News
- Planetary Society


The Optical SETI Telescope at the Oak Ridge Observatory is viewed here through the observation window at the side of the observatory. The telescope's 72'' mirror is clearly visible.


Primary Mirror of The Planetary Society's Optical SETI Telescope at Oak Ridge, Massachusetts. Graduate student Jason Gallicchio is seen here reflected in the 1.8 meter primary mirror

Purrsonally, I think that these scientists should be looking for evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence right here on Earth. Oh, I forgot, some scientists already know, but they work for the US government, so have hushed it up.


but then again...

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I didn't get much lap time today and it was a movie-free day. My human decided that he would do chores such as cleaning the floor (including mopping) and changing the bed sheets etc. Well, that took him long enough. After he finished, I was still napping and when I woke up he was nowhere to be found.

It was getting dark and cold, and my dinner time came and went. Then he returned later tonight with Jimmy and Lily's human Brian, along with a fancy looking cabinet, not that I was terribly interested as I was yelling by now for my dinner.

Well, I found out that my human was visiting Merlin and his humans. Then he went to visit Jimmy and Lily and their humans for a delicious slow cooked lamb dinner. Old man cat Jimmy (who is a year older than me) even sat on my human's lap. I guess I have to lend my human's lap now and again as I lie on Jimmy's people's laps when they visit me.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home