Monday, April 10, 2006

anthropological find, reverse evolution?

We don't normally watch the Australian version of 60 Minutes in our house, as it is not much better than sensationalist reporting at the lowest levels.

We confess to doing so last night, as there seemed to be an interesting story about these people in a remote part of Turkey who walk on their arms and legs.



In scientific terms it was the equivalent of finding living, breathing fossils, human beings who had never made the evolutionary leap of standing upright... It sounded like the anthropological find of the millennium, a once in a lifetime discovery that scientists dream of. If the family proved to be true quadrupeds, walking on all fours, they may provide the elusive missing link between man and ape... blah blah blah and so on...

What a load of crock. Missing link my foot, err I mean my paw. Talk about turning the misfortune of members of a family who suffer a genetic disorder and brain damage into a sensational story. Next, they'll find a family with a blood disorder who are allergic to sunlight and claim they are vampires.

Links
- transcript of 60 Minutes story
- world-science.net (check out the related stories_
- BBC which actually scooped the story (sorry 60 Minutes, you did not have an exclusive find)

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I watched my human leaving the house this morning for work from my vantage point on the window sill in the dining room. He waved at me (as he should).

I didn't feel like eating any of the leftover roasted monkfish from yesterday - it's no longer fresh! But I had some (manufactured) turkey slices for dinner. I'm not feeling well though and just want to stay draped over my human's lap.

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vampires exist Keiser, we exist.

Tuesday, 11 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home