Sunday, April 09, 2006

happy birthday Cheeta!

Cheeta turned 74 today and is the world's oldest living primate (he's a chimpanzee).

Cheeta acted in 17 Tarzan films from the 1930s. He liked Johnny Weismuller, and Ron Ely (who both played Tarzan), but not Maureen O'Sullivan (who played Jane).

Cheeta was born in Liberia in Africa and was brought to the USA when he was only a few months old, by animal trainer Tony Gentry.

In retirement, Cheeta watches his own old movies and paints (his "apestracts" were exhibited at London's National Gallery in 1996).











*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

After all the excitement of yesterday, today was much quieter. I spent a lot of time on the couch with my human and we even had an afternoon nap together.

I even had some roasted monkfish for dinner (okay, it was treat, after my usual raw chicken wing). Mind you, my human had to look up one of Rick Stein's cookbooks to find out how to prepare it (skinned and filleted).

It's been a great day!

keisercat@wildmail.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Keiser,
Did you know that Emily and Neil are in Perth? Im going to see them today.. i have growm alot since they last saw me i dont think they will recognise me!
i have been sleeping alot and your dinner sounds so much better than what my human makes me!
keep up the great blog.. i love checking it out every day!
meow
hannah
xxxxxx

Monday, 10 April, 2006  
Blogger Keiser said...

Meow Hannah

Em came to visit on Saturday, but didn't stay long. I hope she gives you lots of cuddles.

Keiser
xxxxxxxx

Monday, 10 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home