Wednesday, April 05, 2006

清明節 (清明节) or Qingming (Ching Ming)

Today was 清明節 (清明节) or Qingming (Ching Ming) which translates as clear and bright, but otherwise known as tomb or grave sweeping day in Chinese culture.

It is celebrated in predominantly Chinese countries. In Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau it is a public/official holiday (although none of these three are technically countries).

It is also celebrated in mainland China, Singapore and Malaysia.

Chinese people visit cemetaries and sweep the graves and clean the tombstones. They also make offerings to honour their ancestors.

It is a different but nice way of remembering those who have passed on.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Is today Wednesday already? At this time of the year I spend most of the day napping on my dining chair catching sun rays where the window blind is up.

Last night I helped my human find his paperwork for his tax return. I sniffed around all his piles of stuff, but no, it was nowhere to be found. We spent hours doing this until he realised he must have had it out already. And he did when he checked his tax pile and looked behind his bank statements. My human is such a dill. Always look in the most obvious place first! Anyway, he left early today to see the accountant and she completed his return in 10 minutes (it would have taken my human hours and hours).

Anyway, when my human came home from work today I was starving and told him so. I even had TWO raw chicken wings for dinner, but did not finish all of the second one. My human also brought home fresh fish (leather jacket and garfish) and some prawns/shrimp. I think fish and prawns remind him too much of my dear departed brother Fatty (whose favourite was fish and prawn), as he started singing Fatty's song to me until he realised and changed the words. Sigh! I wish I had my own song. When Michelle came to visit one time she made up a song for me (but it was a very silly one).

keisercat@wildmail.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My human Softie makes up a lot of songs for me, and if only someone else would sing them, I would enjoy them very much.

Thursday, 06 April, 2006  
Blogger Keiser said...

oh Nick.

Thursday, 06 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home