Saturday, April 01, 2006

biotechnology, soon to create unicorns, dragons etc

The Economist which is a highly reputable news magazine reported that biotechnology will soon be able to create mythical creatures such as dragons and unicorns through gene-splicing.



News for the scientists... these creatures actually exist.

Link - 'Here be dragons' from The Economist of 30 March 2006

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was a quiet day. My human was up before the crack of dawn as that white cat Kettles' humans insisted he go with them to the farmers'/growers' market in the morning. My human was most pleased (after he recovered from the shock of waking so early on a weekend) as he bought pumpkin bread which he hasn't found for a long long time.

He told me that fresh organic produce, harvested the day before are even cheaper than the usual supermarket stuff. Duh! Direct from grower to buyer - no intermediary transaction and storage costs. He even came back with locally grown garlic (he tries to avoid the mass produce imports from China if possible), organic broccoli, different varieties of fresh apples with no chemicals, nashi pears, and some boerewors sauasages.

After he returned he cooked up chestnut mushrooms with fresh free range eggs also from the markets. I begged for some, but you know the usual story.

We had no four legged visitors today, although the back neighbours were collecting for the Red Cross (who already door-knocked a few weeks ago!) and my human went out to fuss over Sophie the great dane who was accompanying her humans door-knocking/collecting.

My human left me in the afternoon for over FIVE hours and didn't return until just gone 7pm (he told me he met up with Devi and then helped her sort out her computer). I was starving when he came home, as it was past my dinner time. As there is a bit of a chill today, I am not going to move from his lap at all, although it is a bit difficult to use the computer as he keeps looking over my shoulder!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home