Saturday, April 15, 2006

Leonardo da Vinci Day

No, Leonardo da Vinci Day has absolutely nothing to do with that dreadfully written Dan Brown book (good story though).

Today is Leonardo da Vinci Day in celebration of the great genius' birth (15 April 1452).



In fact, da Vinci wasn't even Leonardo's surname at all, as it means 'from Vinci' where he was born.


drawing of birds in flight

We like him because he was a brilliant scientist, although his paintings were also wonderful.


Madonna on the Rocks (I don't need to show you a picture of the Mona Lisa do I?)

Links
- Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia "Leonardo da Vinci"
- Universal Leonardo (London)

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I had another good day today. I played hide and seek with my human early this afternoon, except that he didn't realised I was playing the game. He had walked to the local shops and had returned with new batteries for the smoke alarms. When he replaced the one in the dining room, the high pitch sound came on (though briefly) which I couldn't stand, so I hid.

Well, you should have seen my human checking all the rooms, under furniture, then he went outside in case I somehow sneaked out (yeah right, I can walk through a locked door!). After about 15 minutes of calling out my name (and to which I did not respond (well we were playing hide and seek), he found me on my day bed in my other room. What a dufus!

He left me again to rent some movies. When he came back, we watched Walk on Water which is a brilliant Israeli film about a Mossad agent tracking down an old ex-Nazi officer, and the friendships and secrets made and revealed.


a scene from Walk on Water

After the movie, we had a power catnap together on the couch, before I had my dinner of cold cooked corn fed chicken.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home