Sunday, February 05, 2006

Kilkenny cats

Kilkenny is a town in Ireland. Hmmm, reminds me of South Park and that line "they've killed Kenny" (again).

Anyway, there is a limerick about Kilkenny cats:
There wanst was two cats of Kilkenny
Each thought there was one cat too many
So they fought and they fit
And they scratched and they bit
'Til instead of two cats there weren't any.


What a horrible limerick. People who fight to the end (to the death) are described as fighting like Kilkenny cats.

A story goes that, some people from Kilkenny enjoyed tying the tails of two cats and watching them fight till only their tail was left behind. I hope not.

Some say that the story is actually a parable of a contest between Kilkenny and Irishtown which fought about their boundaries till little more than their tails were left.

If you hear of any cruelty to cats in such a manner in Kilkenny, please report it to the ISPCA.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was a another pleasant day. I spent most of the time napping on my mat out on the deck.

I slept on my human's lap while he watched the first two episodes of Prison Break (taped from Wednesday night). Looks like it is going to be a regular, but I don't mind (if it is not too hot) as it means LAP TIME. More "conspiracy theory" stuff!

The steak was too good to be true. I was only given cooked chicken tonight (from that batch of wings) but waited for the steak, which my human duly cooked and ated. I am not amused.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home