Monday, February 06, 2006

how much is my fur ball worth?

The "Weekend with four blokes in Sydney" with beer, snags (sausages) and a good time (successful bid $13,000) - about which I wrote on 26 January made me think of selling one of my fur balls on eBay.

How much would anyone pay for one of my fur balls?

I don't have too many fur balls, so the regurgitation of one is a rare event. I usually deposit these on the floor and it is accompanied by water which helps to lubricate the passage to enable its expulsion. I enjoy hearing my human stepping on one of these with a loud "EWW... KEISER... WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU HAD A FUR BALL?".

Anyway, why wouldn't an irritant that cats expel be of value?

After all, an irritating object inside the shell of certain mollusks makes them deposit calcium carbonate or calcite around it, and some humans pay lots of money for these pieces of mollusk irritants. I understand these are called pearls.

Then there are sperm whale poos which form in the intestine due to the irritation of giant squid beaks. These get washed up on shore and not as smelly as when they are first shat. In fact, some people find them olfactorally alluring. Those who find such sperm whale poos at the beach or shoreline can sell them for money to perfume makers. In fact, there is even a special name for it called ambergris.

I think there are lots of uses for my fur balls. They can be dried and framed as a work of art.

So how much?

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today wasn't a bad day. I spent most of it napping. I didn't even hear my human return home from work as he was earlier than usual.

But tonight is a special night. It is the return of Desperate Housewives. This means that with a 10 minute clash with Supernatural, that one will have to be taped.



Woohoo! LAP TIME!

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keiser, I will give you a million dollars for one of your unique furballs.

Monday, 13 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home