Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Galileo

Galileo Galilei was born on 15 February 1564 (allowing for calendar conversion to Gregorian).

Galileo was considered to be the father of modern physics and his work was greatly assisted by the prevailing intellectualism of the renaissance period in Italy.

Galileo is well remembered for the Catholic Church's condemnation of him as a heretic for believing that the earth revolved around the sun when at that time, Christians believed that all heavenly bodies revolved around the earth.



Galileo was very brave in separating the beliefs of the Church from his scientific work.

In much the same way today, the study of biology and evolution should also not be tainted by religious tampering with their notions of 'intelligent design'.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I don't think I will be given lamb again for a long time. Last night's dinner didn't agree with me and I stayed outside on my mat on the deck this morning so my human wouldn't find out. But my human insisted on checking my butt anyway, and off to the bathroom I was marched for some butt grooming with paper and water. How undignified!

Today was a warm day. I can't wait for the cooler weather as I can then just lie on my human's lap all the time.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home