Friday, February 10, 2006

ecological footprint

I was interested in what impact my household (my human and I) make to the ecology and environment.

You can take the quiz here -
Ecological Footprint Quiz (Earth Day network)

Here are the results (they are in uppercase, in case you think I am YELLING at you)

CATEGORY in GLOBAL HECTARES
FOOD 1.5
MOBILITY 1.3
SHELTER 1.3
GOODS/SERVICES 2
TOTAL FOOTPRINT 6.1

IN COMPARISON, THE AVERAGE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT IN YOUR COUNTRY IS 7.6 GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.

WORLDWIDE, THERE EXIST 1.8 BIOLOGICALLY PRODUCTIVE GLOBAL HECTARES PER PERSON.

IF EVERYONE LIVED LIKE YOU, WE WOULD NEED 3.4 PLANETS.

I say strip mine Mars now...

Seriously, we use low energy globes in our lights, a front loader washing machine (which uses less water), hardly eat processed food (except the tinned tuna for me, the occasional tinned tomatoes that my human uses for cooking etc), and our weekly wheelie bin is only ever less than one quarter full.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

It was really cold last night and this morning I went under the covers for a cuddle. Not only that, but tonight I even got cooked corn fed chicken for dinner. Woohoo!

keisercat@wildmail.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Keiser said...

LOL - you also need to give up your motorised scooters and rely on your slaves to carry you around everywhere too!

Monday, 13 February, 2006  
Blogger Keiser said...

I forgot to add, Pooch - you don't have FOOT prints, you have PAW prints. Hee hee hee...

Monday, 13 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home