Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year wishes

What I hope for in 2006:

- peace in the Middle East, including in Iraq;
- peaceful reunification of North and South Korea;
- greater global effort in reducing greenhouse gas emissions;
- changes to NAFTA so that American businesses invest in Mexico, thereby creating jobs and wealth for Mexicans, so they can stay home and American rednecks can stop whining about "illegals";
- a waning in the influence of the religious right and Americans become less puritanical and more accepting;
- nobody watches "reality" shows on TV anymore, so they stop making them;
- nobody cares about Paris Hilton and she quietly "retires"; and
- my human invests in aircon before next summer.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was so hot again. I stayed indoors trying to keep still and cool. My human watched Garden State which he enjoyed. He likes those quirky movies. I liked the music in it - on the floor with my ears tuned towards it.

Devi came over briefly on her way home from her parents in a small country town a few hours away (by car) for a dinner of Sri Lankan lamb curry on saffron basmati rice with green beans and brussel sprouts.

I only had cooked chicken for dinner, but the last two mornings, my human has been hand feeding me with ham cut of the bone. I have him well trained.

So hot... I better go and lie on the floor again now.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home