Wednesday, October 12, 2005

the Pav is 70!

Today is the 70th birthday of the Pav! Buon Compleanno Luciano! He was born in Modena, Italy.



Pavarotti is one of the world's best and greatest tenors. He made his debut as Rodolfo in La bohème (a very fine role) back in 1961.

Pavarotti also holds an amazing Guinness World Record.
Most curtain calls - 165, applauded for 1 hour 7 minutes on 24 February 1988 after singing in Gaetano Donizetti's L'Elisir D'Amore at the Deutsche Oper in Berlin, Germany.

Pavarotti is currently touring the world with his Worldwide Farewell Tour. He is in Stuttgart tonight (German time) and will soon be in Australia (woohoo!). Unfortunately, neither my human nor I will be attending any of his Australian performances.

Luciano Pavarotti - official website
(you can send Mr Pavarotti birthday wishes through his website)

At home we have CD recordings with Pavarotti in Verdi's La Traviata (with Dame Joan), Puccini's Turandot (with Dame Joan and Caballe), Donizetti's Lucia di Lammermoor (with Dame Joan), and Massenet's Manon (with Freni). Pavarotti and Dame Joan Sutherland were such a team (he also performed a lot with Mirella Freni). I think I might go and ask my human to put on Lucia for me now... or maybe Traviata... (decisions, decisions).

I am still waiting for him to buy me Donizetti's La Fille du Régiment (with Dame Joan) and Verdi's Rigoletto (with Dame Joan).

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I napped on the dining chair today. I am back on the organic free range wings. My human did give me a bit of his dinner too, as I begged and begged. It was some pieces of rare cooked lamb.

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest Keiser

Thank you for the 70th birthday wishes which I received via my website. The concert in Stuttgart went well. I do hope your human is able to come to one of my performances in Australia.

Yours
Luciano P

PS I am glad you enjoy my recordings. I understand many cats enjoy opera. Indeed, I used to have cats myself.

Wednesday, 19 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home