Sunday, October 09, 2005

Leif Erikson Day

Last year, President Bush proclaimed 9 October as Leif Erikson Day in the USA, to be celebrated every year on the same date.

You can read the Proclamation here - Leif Erikson Day, 2004 By the President of the United States of America A Proclamation

If you read up on the history of the vikings in north America, many mention that Erikson discovered America. In much the same way, Columbus also discovered America half a millenium later.

Hello? You can only discover something if nobody has done so before you! Don't the native Americans count as somebody?

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I must apologise to all my Catster friends for not having written for the past few days. My human disappeared on Friday. I didn't even know he was going away, then Jake's human came over to feed me and we had a great time veging out and watching movies together. We were too busy snoozing and relaxing so I decided not to write my diary.

Then my human turned up again this evening. He's giving me lots of gossip about a cat called Floyd. More about him tomorrow.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home