Monday, October 17, 2005

the material girl... TV or not TV, that is the question

It has been reported very widely that Madonna does not allow her children to watch TV.

She claims:
TV is trash. I was raised without it, I didn't miss anything. TV is poison. No-one even talks about it around here. We don't have magazines or newspapers in the house either.

I find it absolutely astounding that she also wants to write a TV series for young girls:
My ultimate goal is to have a TV series, and each episode would be about girls finding themselves in challenging situations.

Hello? What is wrong with this picture?

She won't subject her own children to TV because it is trash, but it is fine for her to unleash her own trash to other people's children!

And how would she know if TV is trash if she doesn't watch it herself? I would not call quality programming like Degrassi trash. Indeed it is one of the best for young people. And of course, there is Sesame Street which two generations of the world's children grew up with, and love.

Strict Madonna and her 'bin bag' kids - article from UK Daily Mail.

What a hypocrite!


It's singers like these who pull stunts like this on live television who contribute to trash on TV. Oh, hang on, it's Britney Spears with... oh my gosh, no... Madonna! tsk tsk

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I tried to get my human to stay home with me this morning. I ran back inside through the cat door after I was outside (but not outdoors) and tried to get him to chase me, which he did around the couch. It was a lot of fun.

Then, in typical Monday fashion, I was abandoned!

Numb3rs is about to start, which means a nice long fur brush!

keisercat@wildmail.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was not very fair. You are very opinionated for a cat!

I am famous and rich, so I can do anything I want.

The reason I want to write a quality program is because most of TV is trash, so I am doing my bit to improve it.

What am I doing talking to a cat?

Tuesday, 18 October, 2005  
Blogger Keiser said...

Okay. Who is the real smarty pants? I would be very surprised if the real Madonna is computer literate enough to check out my blog.

Tuesday, 18 October, 2005  
Blogger KJ's muse said...

Snort! That's telling her!

Hi Keiser, just thought I'd pop in and say hello, so HELLO!

Wednesday, 19 October, 2005  
Blogger Keiser said...

hello Kazumi Joy!

Wednesday, 19 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home