Wednesday, June 29, 2005

a mini-sun in France

One of the biggest news stories on earth has happened, which deals with the future energy needs of our planet, and it is not even front page news.

It was announced in Moscow by a consortium of countries that the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (Iter) will be built in France. This news is bigger than Ben Hur. Much much bigger. Huge! Ginormous!


Cadarache construction site


Labelled view of diagnostics

You can read more about it in BBC News' article - France gets nuclear fusion plant.

BBC News also provides details of how it will work - More details: Iter - The next generation fusion reactor.

BBC News is such a great site. You don't get all these pop ups which are prevalent in conventional newspaper sites.

This fusion reactor has nothing to do with Cold Fusion which I've disparaged in a previous diary entry.

Official site - ITER

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

What happened today? Same as yesterday. Always the same until the weekend. I had a chicken wing for dinner from the fresh supply from the markets. My human tricked me though and gave me my dinner while he watched a Dr Who re-run. Later he cooked a thick rump steak for himself and did not give me any. Not happy Jan!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home