Saturday, June 25, 2005

1987 - a very important Presidential proclamation

On 25 June 1987, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed the day as National Catfish Day. It was one of the most important achievements of his administration, apart from nearly bankrupting the US with his Star Wars project (although this eventually resulted in the falling of communism in eastern Europe).

You can read the text here - Proclamation 5672 -- National Catfish Day, 1987.

Yadda yadda yadda... blah blah blah...

What about an official Presidentially proclaimed or United Nations observed National Cat Day?

Are catfish more important than us cats? Would a catfish cuddle up on a human's lap or in bed? Perish the thought!

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Saturday is so much better than Friday. My breakfast was late as my human did not get up until 11am! (He can be excused because he is recovering from the flu or some virus). And he did just about nothing all day, except sit with me on the couch to watch episodes of Arrested Development.

I managed to go outside to chew on some grass while he hung out the washing, but even though the sun came out for a short time, it started drizzling rain again, so the washing didn't dry (he should have got up earlier!).

I want to thank Hugo (from KL) for my first Rosette. I hope you are feeling better soon and you recover soon from your operation.

I also want to thank Vieno (from Helsinki) for my second Rosette. I was very touched by what you wrote. I hope you are enjoying the nice longer summer and had a good Midsummers day.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home