Friday, June 17, 2005

Milly is fine!

Back on the 8th of May I wrote about some of the neighbourhood cats.

I was happy to learn today that Milly who lived two doors down is fine! My human was waiting for the bus today this morning to go into town to check the mail from our post office box (before work) and saw the lady who lives two doors down and asked her about her cat.

Well, it turns out that they call her Sammy and not Milly, and Sammy had gone to live in another house (with the lady's daughter) and she is fine.

Sammy's human's mother told my human that Sammy was found as a stray in John Knight park, not far from where I live, near Lake Ginninderra and she adopted them. They were worried that our street was not safe, as it is on a bus route and lots of cars drive through, and Sammy liked lying on the road. As a former stray, she liked being outdoors. Silly cat, I prefer being inside with my human, preferably on his lap as often as possible.

Anyway, the lady was amused to learn that Sammy used to turn up at our doorstep regularly, and also used to visit and chat with my late brother Fatty through our lattice of the enclosed deck at the back.

They had a chuckle about "Walter" who is another "stray" who adopted someone else further down the street.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Merlin's human Kim came over tonight for a roast lamb dinner. I spent some time draped over her lap. It has been such a cold day, and night as well. But Friday means the weekend is here. I wonder what inactivity my human and I will do tomorrow. Watching movies on the couch I hope!

I forgot to mention that last night I had a great time playing with my plastic rings with my human.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home