Sunday, June 19, 2005

Garfield

I have been trying very hard to avoid writing about the cartoon cat Garfield.

Not because he isn't real, but even as a fictitious cat, he does not resemble most of us. Instead, Garfield more resembles humans, greedy and lazy ones!

Anyway, today is Garfield's 27th birthday. No doubt he will stuff his face with cakes as usual...



www.garfield.com

Football - round 13 (a split round, so my team doesn't play next weekend). The big cats (Lions) turn the cats (Cats) into pussies! On home ground too.

BRISBANE LIONS: 4.3, 8.10, 14.12, 17.14 (116)
GEELONG CATS: 3.2, 4.4, 5.8, 6.11 (47)
GOALS – Brisbane Lions: Akermanis 5, Brown 4, Corrie 2, Selwood, McGrath, Power, Johnson, Black, Adcock Geelong: Kingsley 2, Chapman, Haynes, Corey, Harley
BEST – Brisbane Lions: Akermanis, Brown, Black, Power, Johnson, Leppitsch, Notting Geelong: Corey, Kelly, Milburn, Riccardi, Ling
INJURIES – Brisbane Lions: Adcock (dislocated finger), Copeland (elbow) Geelong: Chapman (knee)
CHANGES – Geelong: King (calf) and Mackie replaced in selected side by Lonergan and Rahilly
UMPIRES - McBurney, Kamolins, Avon
CROWD - 31,307 at the Gabba

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

It was wet and cold for most of today, so I was on the couch most of the day. From time to time, my human joined me and I moved to his lap. We watched the football game on tv today (see above). We also watched Joyride (alternatively called Roadkill in Australia) on DVD. It was scarey!

I forgot to mention yesterday that my human had another chat to that horse (mini pony) called Buck who lives a block and a half away. It was better than him talking to a dog I guess! I don't think I would like to talk to a horse, unless of course it is Mr Ed!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home