Friday, March 18, 2005

to set the cat amongst the pigeons

Some people say that (what they do, or what someone else does) will set (or put) a cat amongst the pigeons.

What they mean is that it will create a disturbance.

The expression was originally about a cat in a dovecote when pigeons used to be raised for food (delicious!).

Sometimes the expression is now used instead of putting a spanner in the works.

I think visiting a house full of pigeons would be a lot of fun, if they don't shit on you first.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was cooler again. Last night I was cold and I went under the covers for about five minutes for a cuddle, and then I was too warm so I hopped out. Today was another boring day, but tomorrow is Saturday!

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home