Sunday, March 13, 2005

Dr Who (who?)

If there is anything worse than a Trekkie (a Star Trek follower. Fan is too mild a word for these people), it is a Dr Who one!

Well it seems that the BBC in the UK has finally resurrected the series. It originally aired in the UK in 1963 (that's right folks three years before Star Trek) and ran until 1989, except for a one time movie in 1996 to test the American audience/market.

TARDIS, daleks, K-9, sonic screw driver, UNIT, Cybermen... it is the fixation of two generations of viewers in the UK and Australia.

The new series begins in the UK on 26th of March 2005.

There is no word about screenings in Australia, but I will have to monitor my human's behaviour very carefully if it does. In the meantime, he will have to get his fix of the re-runs of the old series on our public broadcaster, the ABC.

Official site Dr Who.



........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was a really warm day. I had hoped for a day of cuddling, but napped on the deck for most of the day instead. My human seemed to be up and about doing chores like vacuuming etc. I did go outside for a few minutes while he hung out washing. I did get lamb for dinner which was nice. I will go now and ask him to brush my fur.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home