Thursday, March 03, 2005

Mama Cass

No, I did not mean to write Mama Cats, but 'Mama' Cass Elliot.

My human loves Mama Cass and we listen to her music a lot. Mama Cass was born Ellen Naomi Cohen on 19 September 1941 in Baltimore, Maryland (where they make excellent crab cakes according to my human, and where he went to an Orioles baseball game about 5-6 years ago).

Mama Cass sang with The Mamas and the Papas. The great vocals of California Dreamin and Monday Monday were by Mama Cass. She also had great solo hits like Dream a Little Dream, Make Your Own Kind of Music, and Welcome to the World.

She died on 29 July 1974 in London, and according to rumours, caused by choking on a ham sandwich. Mama Cass was a big lady which might have made some people believe the rumours. She did not choke on a sandwich but actually died of massive heart failure due to obesity and crash dieting.

Mama Cass' daughter, Owen Vanessa Elliot has set up an official webpage dedicated to her mother. http://www.casselliot.com/.

An amazing lady.



........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was another warm day. I can't wait for the weekend. I am going to get cuddled now while my human watches Lost on tv.

Okay, I'm back. I also played ping pong ball with my human, so I am not so slow and old after all...

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home