Thursday, December 23, 2004

This is Maggie the Cat

Maggie was not really a cat. She was a character in a play by Tennessee Williams play, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

In the 1958 film version directed by Richard Brooks, Elizabeth Taylor played Maggie "The Cat" Pollitt and Paul Newman played Brick Pollitt.



The play and the slightly modified film version is a very complex tale of equally complex characters. The 'cat' here refers to femininity and feminine desire.

If you enjoy really fine acting, the art of which has been lost through modern special effects and soundtracks, check out Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

My handful of words does not do justice to such a fine play and film.

I have a vet appointment tomorrow morning for my annual check up and vaccinations. The cage appeared, so it must be true.

If you enjoyed reading this, let me know. You can email me at keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home