Thursday, December 16, 2004

Eye of the tiger

The first stanza of William Blake's 'The Tiger' from "Songs of Experience" is:
TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?


I won't talk about what Blake may have meant by those words, but I will talk about the plight of our poor big cousins.

There are now only 5,000 to 7,000 tigers (estimated) to live in the wild. It will not be long before the only tigers on Earth are those that are kept in zoos. Greater effort is required to ensure that population numbers increase, lest they go the same way as the giant panda (estimated numbers are now only some 1,600). Poaching of tigers, and the trade in tiger body parts must stop.

The humans of my cat friends Jack and Bad Cat came over for dinner tonight. They had pasta - penne with porcini in three types of tomato (quick fried cherry tomatoes and sundried tomatoes in homemade tomato passata) with truffle oil, egg and parmesan.

I kept on jumping on to Jess' lap so that I could mark her, as Jack is a boy cat and I know that would piss him off... hee hee hee... Plus Jess' has a comfy lap. I neglected Mans, but I don't think she was upset.

I showed them my 'towel trick' which is sitting on a towel while it is dragged along a floor. It is like going for a ride, which is fun. But I prefer to lie on my towels as they are soft and have my scent on them.

If you enjoyed reading this, let me know. You can email me at keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home