Monday, December 06, 2004

I feel pretty oh so pretty...

Cats, the musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber was not terribly representive of alley cats according to my sources. T S Elliot would also turn in his grave at the prospect of his Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats transforming into a musical of singing humans in cat costumes. Mind you, Elliot's poems were cute and meant for children, but also inaccurate.

I thought about it all day, and have decided that an adaptation of West Side Story would be far more accurate. We would call it Cat Side Story and it would feature songs like...

When you're a Cat,
You're a Cat all the way
From your first mouse or bird
To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Cat,
If the milk hits the fan,
You got others to clean it up,
You're so much in demand!

And...

The most beautiful sound I ever heard:
Meow(ow), Meow(ow), Meow(ow), Meow(ow), . . .
All the beautiful sounds of the world in a single word . .
Meow(ow), Meow(ow), Meow(ow), Meow(ow), . . .

Of course, there is no need to adapt this one too much...

I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any Cat who isn't me tonight.

I had hoped to go outside this morning, but missed my opportunity. Tomorrow I hope, I need to check on the grass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home