Sunday, October 15, 2006

Saturn by Cassini-Huygens

Nine years ago (on 15 October 1997), a spacecraft comprising the Cassini orbiter and the Huygens probe was launched from Cape Canaveral bound for Saturn.

On 1 July 2004, Cassini arrived at Saturn. On 24 December 2004, the Huygens probe detached from Cassini and lands on the moon Titan on 14 January 2005.

Just a few days ago, NASA reported that Saturn's moons may be creating new rings:
Cassini scientists are on the trail of the missing moons of Saturn. A recent observation by the spacecraft leads them to believe that they will find the moons near newly discovered rings around the planet.

During an unprecedented opportunity, with the sun poised behind Saturn, Cassini scientists discovered two new rings and confirmed the presence of two others. The new rings are associated with one or more small moons and share their orbits with the moons, while scientists suspect a moon is lurking near a third ring.


You can read more - here


Saturn's rings


Saturn's rings enhanced

For more kitty thoughts, check out Camilla and think well wishes for her.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

Today was another great day. My human wanted to do chores, but I convinced him to stay with me on the couch. We watched Cabin Fever which was kinda scarey.

Afterwards, I thought my human would have a nap together with me, but no, he decided to clean the floor. In between, he did give me a big brush though which was great.

Tonight, I ate lots of cooked chicken for dinner, so my human is a little relieved.

Tonight, we are also watching Operatunity Oz on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home