Saturday, October 14, 2006

Kofi Annan tells his successor to have fun

In his remarks in the United Nations General Assembly on the appointment of Mr Ban Ki-moon as the eighth Secretary-General of the United Nations, Mr Kofi Annan said to Mr Ban,
...As you ready yourself to take over, I wish you both strength and courage. You will need those attributes but, equally, you will need a healthy sense of humour -- which I know you possess in abundance. So don’t forget to have fun along the way...

See -
SG/SM/10683
GA/10515




Hmmm... let's hope that Mr Ban can diffuse the North Korean situation with his sense of humour and Kim Jong Il laughs at his jokes.

For more kitty thoughts, check out Camilla and think well wishes for her.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

Today was a great day, although I have been on a hunger strike all day. I am tired of chicken.

After waiting patiently, I had some time outside when my human hung out the washing. My human carried me back inside though, as he claimed it was too warm for me to stay outside.

In the early afternoon Devi came over and went out with my human. They came back soon after and my human bought me a new water bowl for the deck. I tried to sit on Devi's lap but surprised her with my stealth and she screamed, so I went out to my deck to sulk. Meanwhile she and my human drank beer and ate potato chips. Hmmppphhhh...

After she left, my human and I had a great late afternoon nap on the couch.

Iron Chef is a very silly show. Why is the Japanese talking dubbed over? Why is the result always in favour of an iron chef? Why have a 'competition' when the end result is rigged?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home