Monday, July 10, 2006

films as the directors intended

Cleanflicks is one company that sanitises films by editing out profanity, graphic violence, nudity and sexual content.

If people don't like how a director has made a film, they should NOT watch it rather than tampering with somebody's creativity and hard work. They can't have it BOTH ways.

You wouldn't rip out pages of a book just because there is some objectionable content and then read the rest; a film is not much different.

Thankfully, this silliness has been ruled illegal.

See - Reuters , 9 July 2006

Cleanflicks claims it is about choice. Sure, their clients do have a choice. DON'T watch it if it offends.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

Monday. Sigh! I did manage to go outside very briefly and smell some plants when my human hung out some washing. Then I went back in and settled on the couch as he left for work.

I do so enjoy Monday nights as I mostly lie on my human's lap as we watch TV.

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Sir Higson Nick said...

Keiser, I think there are some humans who would rather censor something that they find offensive, because it makes them feel as though they are "better" than others. I do not understand the misguided human notion of "Moral Superiority."

Why can they not take your sage advice to DON'T WATCH IT if it offends their sensabilities?

Monday, 10 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home