Saturday, July 01, 2006

a Mountie gets his man

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), also known as mounties, are famous as they "always get their man".

For the first time, two mounties did, literally, with each other. Constables Jason Tree and David Connors wed each other yesterday. The first between two male RCMP officers.

See - Globe and Mail of 30 June 2006


Constable Jason Tree, left, and Constable David Connors in front of their house in Meteghan, Novia Scotia. They were married in full dress uniform (the red/scarlet coats).

The sky didn't fall in, the divorce rate of 'conventional' couples didn't escalate, families were not destroyed...

Honestly, social conservatives should go and get a life.

It won't be long before some smarty pants refer to couple as the 'brokeback mounties'.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

I had a great day today. I insisted that my human sit on the couch with me for much of the day, and he obliged (except of course when he had to go out for a walk to the shops for supplies). We even had an afternoon nap together on the couch, both stretched out.

Unfortunately, my human left me this evening for a few hours. He went over to Kettles' house (you may recall me mentioning Kettles previously - she is a huge white cat, who goes for walks on a leash). My human told me he enjoyed a wonderful dinner cooked by Kettles' human Klaudia, and he even carried Kettles about and played with her using her string leash. Hmmmphhh.... He told me he nicknamed her 'Heffalump'.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home