Monday, June 26, 2006

FIFA World Cup

I like this from the New York Times of 25 June 2006:
Perhaps American soccer fans whose interest in the World Cup has waned since the United States was eliminated should transfer their enthusiasm to Australia, a team that United States Manager Bruce Arena labeled as one of "the weak ones" in the tournament.

Mr Arena can eat his words now. USA knocked out by Ghana!

We don't fancy the chances of our Socceroos beating Italy, but getting to the final 16 is quite an achievement.

Unfortunately, the broadcast at 12.30am local time is too late (or too early) for my human and I to watch. We need our sleep!

Link - FIFA World Cup quarter finals


Mark Viduka (captain), Craig Moore, Tim Cahill and Harry Kewell after defeating Croatia

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

Sigh! My human left me early today to go to work. Just as well, if he hadn't turned on the heater before the pre-set on time, it would not have come on as he had inadvertently turned the heater off last night instead of leaving it on auto. In any case, it was 10 degrees Celsius inside the house brrrrr.... I went under the covers a few times and had lots of pats and head, neck and shoulder massages which got me purring and purring). By the time my human left (and turned the heater off), the temperature had only reached 16 degrees Celsius.

My human bought more corn fed drumsticks for me today. he baked about 12 drumsticks, froze 9, and simmered 3 and removed the meat off the bones adding the stock for my next couple of meals.

Oh, and we watched Desperate Housewives tonight (with lots of lap time).

keisercat@wildmail.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Sir Higson Nick said...

My humans and I were rooting for the Socceroos, but alas! Cheating, let's-drop-and-roll-and-act-like-we've-been-injured Italy once again prevailed. Crap.

Wednesday, 28 June, 2006  
Blogger Keiser said...

Hey Nick - sounds like the British One is having an influence on you...

By the way, my human supports Everton. Can you believe it?

Thursday, 29 June, 2006  
Blogger Sir Higson Nick said...

I am so sorry to hear that! ;)

Thursday, 29 June, 2006  
Blogger Keiser said...

You and me both. LOL!

Friday, 30 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home