Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Superman the saviour

I wrote about Superman back on 26 November 2005. Now that the new film, Superman Returns is about to screen, it is time for another write up.



If you watch the teaser trailer from the film website, Jor-El (the father of Kal-El/Superman/Clark Kent) says:
Even though you've been raised as a human being, you are not one of them...
They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
They only lack the light to show the way
For this reason, above all, their capacity for good,
I have sent you, my only son.


This certainly alludes to Superman as a Christ-like figure.


Superman movie poster - depicts Superman as a "heavenly figure"

Christian church groups had a lot to say about Narnia. They seem to be silent about Superman.


source

And the original Sacred Heart of Jesus by Jose Ibarrara


Link to two great news articles
- 'Back on a wing and a prayer' by Sacha Molitorisz in the Sydney Morning Herald of 17 June 2006
- 'Superman is a hero of his time' by Anthony Breznican in USA TODAY of 22 June 2006

(10 July 2006 - another great article)
- 'Cape Fear' by John Patterson in The Guardian of 7 July 2006

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

My human was back at work today, even though he really should have stayed at home with me.

Emily came over tonight for Prison Break and a dinner of green curry (pork and eggplant/aubergine). I didn't feel like eating much even though my human did poach me some fresh Atlantic salmon. Just one of those days. I did get a lot of lap time with Emily though.

keisercat@wildmail.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Keiser said...

Thanks Molly. This morning I had my usual cooked chicken. And also for dinner.

Thursday, 22 June, 2006  
Blogger Keiser said...

Poor Gracie, I hope she is feeling better. Ham is also a great perker...

Saturday, 24 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home