Sunday, June 18, 2006

dead cat bounce

From Wordspy, a really cruel saying:

Markets like macabre metaphors. When stocks begin to rebound, voices of caution suggest it may be only a dead-cat bounce, a phrase coined in The Financial Times in 1985 by reporters in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur to signify a slight rise after a great fall.
—William Safire, "On Language," The New York Times, September 8, 2002


Link - Word Spy

I think someone should have reported those FT writers to the RSPCA.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

My human slept in again today, until 10.45am. This hasn't happened for a long time, so I think he must be at the early stages of the flu virus that is going around here at the moment. This meant he spent a lot of time on the couch with me, including an afternoon nap. Woohoo!

I think he will have to make some extra hot vindaloo soon, to clear out the virus.

Oh, he did sneak out for half an hour when I was asleep. He went to visit that big white cat, Kettles who lives two streets away. My human dropped off a couple of CDs of medieval music for her human Klaudia and stayed for a cup of coffee. Hmmmpphhhh...

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home