Friday, July 21, 2006

Belgium national day

Today is Belgium's national day (nationale feestdag), and an official national holiday. Woohoo!

It celebrates the day on 21 July in 1831 when Leopold I became the King of the Belgians (not the King of Belgium), and secession from the Northern Netherlands.

French fries actually originated in Belgium. Belgians also eat their fries with mayonnaise.

My human loves the waffles that are available just about everywhere in Brussels, and the chocolates, and Belgian beer. Mussels with fries is a national dish (moules frites).

Those are good enough reasons to visit. My human on the other paw, would return to Brussels to acquire more Tintin merchandise. He wears his Tintin watch everyday, even to work.



Emily gave my human a Tintin poster for his birthday which is framed and on the wall in my night bedroom.



*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

After all the excitement of the last few days, it was nice to have a quiet nap today by myself, even on a dining chair.



Emily came around tonight. Woohoo! That is twice this week - this time it was duck confit for dinner (and none for me). When Emily visits, she is my most favourite human in the whole wide world.



keisercat@wildmail.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emilys my fav human to (apart from mum and dad!)
Hey... I didnt know you liked tin tin.. my dad is such a huge fan!!! he wears his tin tin shirts all the time.... mum is always on the look out for more!
She is looking forward to meeting you keiser.. not long now...
how i will miss her so!
hannah
xxxxx

Saturday, 22 July, 2006  
Blogger Keiser said...

ooh Hannah

I hope you don't mind me borrowing your mama Aimee and lying on her lap. Don't forget to chin-mark her with all the gossip.

Saturday, 22 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home